The Collection of Architecture of the Museum of Arts and Crafts has more than a thousand objects. Apart from several donations and purchases from authors, owners and institutions (Crafts School Administrative Office, Academy of Applied Arts), the majority of objects in the Collection of Architecture in the museum’s holdings came as a gift from the organizational committees of architectural exhibitions and exhibitions where the architecture has a separate section.
Significant unit consists of exhibits from the World Exhibition held in Paris in 1925. The museum holdings received at that time, in addition to exhibits of applied arts, seventy photographs which represent pre-war and post-war architecture of the The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and – certainly the most valuable in this context – the original drawings of architect Stephen Hribar for the exhibition pavilion of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and architect Drago Ibler for the setup of the theater section. It is interesting that in the collection also arrived “reserve” photographs of some objects, which were exhibited at the Paris Exhibition and the Bajalović’s draft of the showroom setup of the architectural section at the Esplanade des Invalides.
From the Museum Archives, where these items were kept for a number of years, the collection of architecture was expanded with extremely valuable architectural drawings: works of architect and later the Mayor of Zagreb Vjekoslav Heinzel from the time of his studies in Graz and Stuttgart (1890 – 1893), school works of Ernest Tomašević, plans of August Posilović, sketches and drawings by Rudolf Lubynski and various tender projects from the late 19th century.
In recent years, panels with architectural photographs exhibited on a large retrospective exhibition of architecture in Croatia 1945 – 1985 by author architect Neven Šegvić were donated to the Museum of Arts and Crafts. Furthermore, exhibits from the exhibition Architecture of the 70s in Croatia. The problems, phenomena and tendencies (author Ivo Maroević, 1981) were donated to the Museum in 1990 by the Museum Documentation Centre, and the Society of Architects of Zagreb donated studies and projects presented at the exhibition 12 proposals to Zagreb in 1992 for Zagreb 1994. After the exhibition Slobodna zona Zagreb / Zagreb Free Zone, held at the Museum of Arts and Crafts in 1991, New York architect and designer Lebbeus Woods donated the collection a model of his design for the museum courtyard. In 2000, the museum’s collection was enriched with a large donation of works by architect Marijan Hržić. During the last few years models and drawings were donated to the Museum by successful young architects: Studio Atmosfera, studio de Architekten Cie, studio Dva plus …